Tuesday 1 November 2011

Tuesday Tallies Update

Hi Everyone,

I just want to say thank you all so much for all the lovely comments you left on my post last week and for the advice of where to go to find nice joins. I was absolutely shocked and so thrilled when I logged on and saw all the comments. It absolutely made my week, thank you all.

I spent hours searching other blogs and websites based on the recommendations. I thought myself that I saw the join on Meme Rose Blog but it doesn't seem to be there. I went with a variation of the one I saw on Lemondedesucrette Blog. Oh and I loved the Pinterest website, I had never seen that site before and I spent hours browsing through it.

Now I'd love to report huge progress but I've just spent hours ripping back all the joins I'd done. I began by laying out the squares. I numbered them row 1-9 and squares A-E. I began by joining 1A-1E with a double crochet across the top of all the squares and bottom of all the squares and did the same again for all the rows. Then when the rows were joined I began the join. I worked across and this is what the join looked like and a close up of the join.



There were two problems that resulted in ripping the whole lot out and starting again. As you can see I didn't leave a gap between the squares for the join to run lengthways on the blanket and also the squares on the rows don't line up. It doesn't look too bad on these photos but by the time I got to the 4th row the squares were completely out of line and looked ridiculous.

So its back to the drawing board. I think what I'm going to do now is join 1A to 1B etc and work top to bottom, then repeat for 1B-9B etc. Once i've all them done then I will work the full 9 row length from top to bottom between squares A-E. I know that doesn't make sense without photos so I hope it works and I hope i'll have more to show you all next week.

Thanks again for all the lovely comments. Check out everyones progress at Gingerbread Girl's Blog. Hope everyone is getting on well, can't wait to see everyones progress.

Until next time,

Happy Crocheting, x

11 comments:

  1. Oh how frustrating. I am sure that you will sort it out. The squares themselves look lovely and I like that method of joining, it might suit my new one a day project actually. I posted a question on my blog today and within a few hours just the right answer had emerged, what a lovely community this is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh thats annoying the method of joining is so pretty, i'm glad you found it i hope i was some help, i love that we have an instant community of crafters who all just want to help when we have an issue. blanket looks lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know that when I first looked at the join, all I saw was how pretty it looked. Did not even notice the squares not lining up or the side joins! What a shame! Good luck with it. Hope you can work it out as it is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you find a way to rejoin them, that join did look really pretty.

    Pinterest is fantastic to get idea and see other peoples creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit I'm really confused BUT I really love the joining method! Do you mean you're going to do the white edge around each square and join...?

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least you hadn't joined too many it is frustrating having to rip it apart tho. I'm sure you will figure something out, the squares are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate ripping back, it feels like such a waste of time. I hope you manage to get them joined how you want them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor you, how annoying, however I think it's never wasted as you will have the method perfected when you come to do it again. I like the zigzagging, I saw the same method on yarn round hook and it is very effective, and adds some extra size to the blanket. I do like the White you've used too....looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's a pretty join. hope it works out better for you next time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's such a puzzle sometimes, putting it all together, isn't it? That is a beautiful join though, and I can understand that you want it all to look just right. Looking forward to seeing the next photos, Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The joining does look beautiful, I hope you manage to sort out the problem :)

    ReplyDelete