Wednesday 23 November 2011

Tuesdays Tallies - Still joining

Hi everyone,

Thank you to you all for the lovely comments you left on my post last week and welcome new followers. I hope you enjoy my blog. I've said it before but its really great to be part of a community that have the same interests as me and can give valuable feedback and inspiration.

Sorry I'm a day late on progress. Progress wasn't exactly speedy this week. On the bright side I got the christening gown finished, well almost finished. It needs the seams and hems tidied up. I'm waiting for some pics to be sent on to me from a friend and then I will post a blog on the christening gown and the big day. It was a brilliant day, even though the priest forgot us. Still it ended up being way nicer and personal to Ben as a result. Ben was the star of the show, he smiled and cooed all day. He's just such a good baby.

Now for my progress. I finished joining the blocks and began the long rows running the length of the blanket. Pictures should explain this better than words.

The blanket is 5 blocks across by 9 blocks in length so I have another 3 lengths to join. I'm very happy with the overall look of the join. However I wasn't very careful lining up the blocks so 3 of the blocks are not lined up properly. Therefore I will do the row again. There's no point in doing something unless you do it right and it would drive me crazy if I didn't fix it.
Overall though I'm please with the blanket and I think it will look good when its finished. I hope everyone's progress is going well. I'm going to Gingerbread Girls blog now to check out everyone's progress.

Until next time,

Happy Crocheting, x

3 comments:

  1. Looking good, and you'll love the stockings. I've finished one, and so has Jasmine! Dylan's is going a big slower but he's managing double crochet! Photos soon, love Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your son's day went well, and that the gown got finished.
    Your blanket is looking great. It's so annoying when you spot something out of place, I had to rip out quite a few hexagons a few weeks ago and it broke my heart, but at least it now looks right. At least you have spotted it now and you only have to redo that row!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got the gown done, sometimes it takes a little pressure to make things come together.

    I love your joining, and agree you can't carry on if you spot a mistake, but it's very annoying to have to face up to it.

    Have a great week, and looking forward to seeing your son's gown.

    ReplyDelete