Tuesday 13 September 2011

Less is More???

Happy Tuesday Everyone,
I just wanted to start by saying thank you to all who looked at my blog and especially those who left comments. It’s very encouraging to get comments about the squares. I’ve never had a blog before so I’m just learning about blogging and how to create the blog I really want. I don’t know if there’s such a thing as blogging etiquette. For example if someone follows me should I follow them? This is probably second nature to seasoned bloggers but I am new to this world so I apologise in advance if I insult anyone.
Now onto the CAL and my All about Granny Blanket. Since my last post I ploughed on regardless and completed 9 more of the Traditional Granny Squares, 4 Plain Granny Squares and 3 Granny Stripes Squares, all in the colour combinations of the last blog post. Now the decision is where to go from here. I know it’s a waste of yarn to go any further until I have some sort of plan.
I should point out at this stage that I can follow a pattern but I do not have an artistic or creative mind which is why planning a design for the quilt is becoming a mammoth task and eating into valuable crochet time and yarn.
The design of the quilt is weighing heavily on my mind. This is especially true this morning because I really don’t know what squares or colour combination to do next. I laid out some of the squares to see what potential combinations I could do. I did one Nine Patch Granny Square and had planned to use this as the central square but now this just doesn’t look right.  
I’m beginning to think now that less is more and just going with the traditional granny square and the granny with a twist square.
I really like the granny stripes square though but I just don’t think it’s fitting. Maybe it’s the colour combination I used.


Apologies also for the messy ends in the photos. My nemesis is sewing in ends so I'm avoiding doing this until I'm sure that the squares will be used in the blanket.
Well thats my progress since last time. I'm going to make some more plain granny squares in darker colours next and see if they help tie the squares together. The cream was just to wishy washy.
Any ideas or thoughts on the combinations shown would be greatly appreciated.
Until next time,
Happy Crocheting, x

1 comment:

  1. I'm quite new to blogging too. For simple blogging etiquette and rules A Thrifty Mrs has written a decent post on it here: http://www.athriftymrs.com/2011/07/rules-for-bloggers.html
    Just gives you a general idea.
    You don't have to follow someone just because they follow you, well I don't, I follow someone if I enjoy reading their blog, or get inspiration from.
    Your squares are looking good, I sympathise with not being sure of combinations etc, just go with your instincts and what like and have confidence in your choice. I personally prefer your top two combinations. Hope you decide soon.
    Kier x

    ReplyDelete