Wednesday 28 September 2011

Tuesday Tallies on Wednesday, oops

Hi Everyone,
Sorry I’m a day late on Tuesdays Tallies. I was in hospital yesterday with my son for a check up and we got on brilliantly. He doesn’t have to go back until November. He was born 11 weeks premature in June and spent 8 weeks in hospital, since then we’ve had weekly checkups due to complications of prematurity. Thankfully all these issues are getting sorted and he’s growing into a big strong boy. He was 16weeks old on Saturday and now weighs 10lbs 7ozs. We were so happy with results yesterday that Tuesdays Tallies got postponed until today with all the excitement.
Now onto the One a Day progress. I did two new blocks this week and four of each of them. They are all the traditional Granny design in different colour combinations. I’ve ran out of brown yarn now so I’ll have to make a trip to the yarn store later today to stock up (any excuse). I’m planning to make ten of each type of block, then lay them out and see which I need more off. I’m happier this week with my progress, even though I’m still not sure on the design the blocks look good together just left stacked up on the table.


In other news this week my cousin got married. Unfortunately we couldn’t go to the wedding but I wanted to make her a little something. We were given a lovely knitted bride and groom on our wedding day so I thought something similar would be nice to make and send. I found a lovely pattern on Lion Brand Yarn website for an amigurimi bride and groom. Amigurumi Bunny Wedding Cake Topper, Pattern number 80306AD. This is the website, http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80306AD.html. I’ve tried to link it but I don’t know if it will work. If it doesn’t you should be able to find the pattern by searching bunny wedding cake topper. When I was on this website I found loads of really good amigurimi patterns for Halloween and Christmas. It’s well worth a look.
The pattern was really easy to follow and worked up quickly. I love amigurimi because I think it’s a great way of using up small pieces of yarn and you get results fast. I had wanted to make little amigurimi animals as name cards for my wedding but after I got to fifty (I needed about 200) I just ran out of time and my love of amigurimi was slightly quashed for sometime after that. So this is my finished bride and groom and I’m pleased with how they turned out.

Well thats all my progress since last week. I hope everyone else is getting on well.
Until next time,
Happy Crocheting, x

No comments:

Post a Comment