Wednesday 29 February 2012

Tuesday Tallies - On Wednesday, oopsie

Hi Everyone,

I started my new one a day project. Its a granny stripe blanket using Stylecraft DK, colour combination and pattern from Lucy at Attic 24. Progress is going well. I needed to pick a project that I had the yarn for and that wouldn't require huge amounts of concentration. Time is precious so I needed to have a project that could be picked up without ten minutes figuring out where I was when I last put it down. This is perfect for that. I have all the yarn bands numbered in their order so its just a case of reach into the stash, grab the colour change and continue. That's as complicated as it gets.

I started last Wednesday so i'm exactly a week at it. I started with 240ch and I plan to continue in length until it is roughly a square. I have each colour done once and there's 17 colours in all, 2 rows in each stripe so that's a total of 34 rows this week. I know each week won't be as good as this but i'm hoping that i'll get a colour a day(2rows) done.



I hope everyone else is getting on well. I don't think Gingerbread Girl has posted this week so if she hasn't everyone's progress can be checked out on the groups Ravelry page.

I mentioned yesterday that I'm giving my All About Granny Blanket to my aunt. She's been very good to us and i'm glad its going to a good home. I hope she'll get the use out of it. Here she is all wrapped up and ready to go.


Until next time,

Happy Crocheting, x

2 comments:

  1. Your stripe looks lovely and cheery....I did a stripe last year and I loved doing t (mind apart from the ends!) it's a very popular blanket in our house. I bet your Aunt will love your granny blanket, what a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your aunt will definitely like this wonderful gift, how could she not love it? It's brilliant. The colors on your stripy blanket are looking great!

    ReplyDelete